You are responsible for arranging your own transportation. Services are limited, so please make your ground transportation arrangements early.
We are closest to the La Plata County Airport (DRO) near Durango, which is a 90 minute drive away.
The closest International Airport is in Albuquerque, New Mexico, a 4.5 hour drive away.
Flying In From Durango (DRO)
Transportation to and from the Durango Airport and Tara Mandala is available through Wilderness Journeys Pagosa, Inc, (970) 731-4081. If you are staying in Prajna (the residence hall), please have the driver drop you off at Prajna Hall and pick you up there at the end of the retreat. If you are camping or staying in a yurt, please have the driver drop you off and pick you up from the Community building, which is the first building when you enter the land.
Special Group Discount Shuttle for Tara Mandala
- On the day each retreat starts, the Group Shuttle will leave the airport at 1pm sharpand goes directly to Tara Mandala, no stops.
- On the day each retreat ends, the Group Shuttle will leave Tara Mandala at 2pm sharpand goes directly to the airport (or drop you off at the Springs Resort, no other stops).
- The cost of the Group Shuttle is $50/person/each way BY RESERVATIONONLY.
- A minimum of 2 people pre-booked on the group shuttle is needed for it to run at this cost. (If only 1 person is booked the cost will revert to the Custom Shuttle price of $100).
- Group shuttle reservations can be combined with a Custom Shuttle reservation as long as all parties have advance reservations. (For example, a Custom arrival pick-up tailored to your flight with a departure on the Group shuttle or vice versa.)
- Reservations are prepaid and can be made online or by phone with Wilderness Journeys,(970) 731-4081.
- Last minute changes (or reservations made within 24-hours) will incur an additional charge and are acceptedONLY if there is space available, so be sure to reserve your spot early.
Custom Shuttle Reservations
- A Custom Shuttle reservation will pick you up at the airport when your flight arrives and pick you up from Tara Mandala 3 hours prior to your flight departure.
- $100 one-way for up to two people or $190 round-trip if made at time of reservation. For each additional person, (pre-paid with the same pick-up time), add $20 one-way or $35 round-trip.
- To add one additional destination before or after a retreat, the cost is an additional $50. For two stop-overs, add $75. (For example, a round-trip shuttle with an overnight stay in town before and after a retreat would cost $265 for two people and a one-way shuttle with one stop would cost $150 for two people.)
Reservations can be made online or by phone at Wilderness Journeys, (970) 731-4081. Please provide the Airline, the flight #, arrival and departure flight times, plus payment information. We strongly encourage you to connect with other retreatants using our Rideshare Board http://groups.google.com/group/tara-mandala-rideshare to arrange coinciding arrival/departure times so that you can take advantage of the discounted Shuttle Rates.
- On the day of arrival, please call Wilderness Journeys to confirm that your connecting flight from Denver, Dallas, or Phoenixis still on time. (This gives enough time to stop a shuttle from leaving Pagosa Springs too early.) If you call about a delayed flight, there is no charge and the driver will be there at the new arrival time. Without a flight confirmation call, the charge is $30/hour to wait at the airport with a two-hour wait limit.
Transportation From Albuquerque (ABQ)
Transportation from the Albuquerque airport is available from Sacred Hearts Express Shuttle. Reservations are $170 one way and $340 round trip, and can be made by phone only: (575) 751-1201 or (575)770-1246. We strongly recommend that you call and confirm your reservation a day before your shuttle. Budget or Enterprise car rental also an option.
Transportation From Denver (DEN)
The only transportation available from the Denver airport is car rental. Pagosa Springs has two car rental agencies:
505 Piedra Rd 61 Aviation Court
Open daily 8am – 5:30pm Open M-F 9am – 5pm
Maps to the land will be mailed to you when your registration is confirmed.