Wisdom Rising: Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine
With Lama Tsultrim Allione, Shiva Rea and Krishna Das
May 10 - 13, 2018
For women at all levels.
“We will see that the female body, manifesting as the dakini, is a potential vehicle for enlightenment. The Mandala of the Five Dakinis is a doorway with deep, profound roots that are timeless and inclusive. It is a practice that can help you meet the challenges of everyday life—when you feel scattered and pulled in many directions at once—by entering the mandala and meeting the dakinis, you will access deep clarity and power.”
—from Wisdom Rising: Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine
Calling all women for this life-changing meditation retreat and celebration of the Empowered Feminine. Come transform through the power of the mandala, a universal map for inner and outer balance, wholeness, and practical awakening.
Drawing on her experience as a Tibetan Buddhist nun turned mother, who became a best-selling author and world-renowned Buddhist teacher, Lama Tsultrim Allione offers a guide to access a previously forbidden aspect of the feminine: the fierce wise Dakini—whose potency is needed to meet the gale force winds of the current world situation—a dynamic spiritual model based on a 1,000-year-old Tibetan tradition. Through the Mandala of the Five Dakinis—a universal template of wholeness—emotional patterns are transformed into wisdom, giving us a practical method that enables us to find strength and wholeness within, while empowering us to become effective agents of transformation in our world.
Pioneering global Prana Vinyasa teacher Shiva Rea shares Mandala Yoga as a complementary movement meditation. These accessible yet profound meditation and movement practices empower all women to embody the healing power of the mandala in their body and daily life in service to the world.
In this juicy weekend for women, you
• Receive Lama Tsultrim’s transmission of the Mandala of Five Wisdom Dakinis, midwives of the wild and wise feminine
• Learn to transform core emotional patterns affecting women today—anxiety, anger, inadequacy, depression, grasping, and compulsive doing—into living wisdom
• Experience Mandala Yoga with Shiva Rea, an all-levels movement meditation that combines healing prostrations, prana vinyasa, visualization, seed syllables, mudra, and inner process
• Regenerate through daily guided relaxation and women’s circles
• Enjoy a special Friday night Yoga Trance Dance and celebrate in a special evening concert with Krishna Das, dedicated to the Empowered Feminine
• Explore optional morning sessions of Prana Mandala Vinyasa led by Shiva Rea
• Have an opportunity to have Lama Tsultrim’s new book Wisdom Rising: Journey into the Mandala of the Empowered Feminine signed by the author.
Leave rejuvenated, with the practical guidance you need to activate all aspects of your being, from your body to your creative life and spiritual realization, and continue with programs at Tara Mandala and Prana Vinyasa Online.
Note Tuition includes tickets for the Krishna Das concert. Lama Tsultrim’s book is forthcoming in May 2018 will be on sale in the Kripalu Shop during the program.
Special Evening Event
Kirtan with Krishna Das
Saturday, May 12, 8:00 pm
Free for program participants; $35 for in-house guests; no general public tickets available.
Lama Tsultrim Allione is founder and resident lama of Tara Mandala. She is author of Women of Wisdom and Feeding Your Demons. Born in New England to an academic/publishing family, she traveled to India in her late teens and was ordained as a Buddhist nun at the age of 22…
Learn more about Lama Tsultrim Allione
Shiva Rea bows to the master teachers, elders and grandmothers from around the world from Africa to Asia who have expanded and deepened her integration of yoga and movement meditation. With a M.A. in World Arts and Cultures, Shiva is the founder of Global School of Living Yoga, Prana Vinyasa,…
Learn more about Shiva Rea
Layering traditional Hindu kirtan with instantly accessible melodies and modern instrumentation, Krishna Das has been called yoga’s “rock star.” With a remarkably soulful voice that touches the deepest chord in even the most casual listener, Krishna Das – known to friends, family, and fans as simply KD – has taken…
Learn more about Krishna Das