Wisdom Rising: Divine and Diverse – Awaken the Empowered Feminine Within: A Women’s Retreat
With Lopön Chandra Easton, Karla Jackson-Brewer, Alejandra Siroka, M.A. and Ranjini George
May 24 - 28, 2018
You have engaged in meditation, yoga or mindfulness practices and enjoyed a deep level of self-connection, relaxation and ease. Yet, you find it challenging to integrate your inner experiences on the cushion or mat into the current daily expressions of divisiveness, bigotry and violence in our world. You may feel unsure about what to do and may even feel powerless.
There is an inner knowing that tells you, you are needed at this time in history. It is true, you are needed in your divine feminine form as an agent of compassion, power and clarity. You are needed as an awake being who can integrate your spiritual practices into the important conversations we need to have around issues of race, privilege and oppression.
Through guided meditations, dharma talks, yoga, dance, generative writing, and conscious communication inquiry you will awaken the enlightened feminine within you at the three aspects of your being: body, speech and heart/mind.
Come to this women’s retreat to
- Embody the wisdom of the Mandala of the Enlightened Feminine, a practice developed by Lama Tsultrim Allione. This is a core practice in the Wisdom Rising movement that Lama Tsultrim founded.
- Find your authentic voice and expression to raise awareness and mindfulness to engage in healing conversations about shared power and acceptance.
- Compassionately uncover your own unseen issues around race, privilege, oppression, and authority
- Transform obstacles into the path through Feeding Your Demons®
- Know yourself through the powerful practice of journaling and generative writing. As you come closer to your authentic self, you will unlock your creativity and learn ways of telling your story.
- Develop strategies and an action plan to take this work into your life and the world
Together, we can walk the world embodying our feminine power and stand up for equality, compassion and understanding!
The Tibetan Healing practice of Chöd will be offered as a healing ceremony. Those who know the Namkhai Norbu Chöd, please bring your practice materials.
Please bring comfortable clothes for movement practices and meditation.
This retreat is open to all who identify as women.
Suggested Dana: $150-$200
Lopön Chandra Easton is a teacher and translator of Tibetan Buddhism, focusing on the lineage of Machig Labdrön and Lama Tsultrim Allione. She has taught Buddhism and Yoga since 2001 and co-translated “Sublime Dharma: A Compilation of Two Texts on the Great Perfection.” She is currently on the Tara Mandala Bay Area…
Learn more about Lopön Chandra Easton
Karla Jackson-Brewer, MS, Tara Mandala Authorized Teacher, has been practicing Chöd for 26 years and has assisted Lama Tsultrim on many Chöd retreats. Since 2013, she has taught Chöd with Lama Tsultrim and Chandra Easton. Karla is an adjunct Professor in the Women’s & Gender Studies Department and the Africana…
Learn more about Karla Jackson-Brewer
Alejandra Siroka is a truth seeker who has devoted her life to the study of language and communication. She believes that developing conscious skills with our language and communication is an essential spiritual practice in the path of awakening. Alejandra founded Language Alchemy™, a transformative process that allows individuals, couples…
Learn more about Alejandra Siroka, M.A.
Ranjini George holds a PhD in English (Northern Illinois University, USA), an MA in English (St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi) and an MFA in Creative Writing (University of British Columbia, Canada). More recently, she won the first place in Canada’s inaugural Coffee Shop Author Contest for her travel memoir, a…
Learn more about Ranjini George