Tara Mandala recognizes that the cost of our retreats may prevent those who are interested from attending. Due to the generosity of the greater Tara Mandala Sangha, we are happy to be able to offer three types of financial assistance:
- Deferred payment plan
- Evada scholarship
- And our newly formed Fund for Diversity & Inclusion scholarship.
If needed, you may apply for the Deferred Payment Plan and one of the Scholarships. Read the terms carefully as outlined below. Scholarships are applicable toward retreat fees only and are based on funds available. Scholarship awards will be deducted from the balance due.
Deferred Payment Plan
Deferred payment plans are available based on financial need. You must fill out an application and work out a payment schedule with the office. If approved, you must provide post-dated checks or your credit card number for prompt payment.
- A non-refundable application fee of $25 is required to process your application; if accepted, this amount will be applied towards your retreat.
- A deposit of no less than 25% of total payment is due upon acceptance.
- The balance is to be paid off within three months of the completion of the retreat, or by the following November 30th, whichever comes first.
- A monthly payment is required.
- An application must be filled out and all arrangements confirmed by both TaraMandala and the participant.
- In order to ensure timely and complete payments, we require you to provide us with either:
i. Your credit card number so that the amount agreed upon by both parties may be automatically deducted monthly, or
ii. Post-dated checks made out for the proper amount to be cashed by TaraMandala on the appropriate dates.
7. In the event your check or credit card is not accepted for payment by the bank, you will be charged a 7% monthly fee on your remaining balance and billed for any applicable bank fees.
Evada Scholarship Fund
Tara Mandala is able to offer limited, partial scholarships for many retreats. The Evada Fund was established in 1996 to extend the concept of dana (generosity) to members of the sangha who find themselves in financial need and who would not otherwise be able to attend a specific retreat. Please keep in mind that our funds are limited, so requesting the minimum needed will enable more people to benefit from this fund. The maximum amount awarded is no more than $700 per year. A $25 non-refundable fee is required to process your application; upon acceptance, this amount will be applied towards your retreat.
Fund for Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship
We are honored to launch our Fund for Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship, made possible by an anonymous donation in 2015. The Fund will be used to give scholarships to retreats at Tara Mandala.
The Fund for Diversity & Inclusion Schoalrship is for people of color and/or those who are underrepresented due to their gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, social class, and ethnicity and those in need of financial support. Please keep in mind that our funds are limited, so requesting the minimum needed will enable more people to benefit from this fund. The maximum amount awarded is no more than $700 per year. A $25 non-refundable fee is required to process your application; upon acceptance, this amount will be applied towards your retreat.
Please read the following information carefully before applying for either scholarship.
Terms and Conditions:
- SUSTAINING SANGHA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE WHEN RECEIVING ANY SCHOLARSHIPS.
- One scholarship application per person must be filled out and submitted with a $25 application fee which is non-refundable and is applied toward the retreat cost.
- Applications must be received at least four weeks prior to the start of the retreat in order to be considered for allocation of funds. Applications received later than the four-week deadline will be considered only if funds are available.
- Applicants may apply for a scholarship for more than one retreat, but are only eligible to receive a maximum of $700 of scholarship funds per calendar year. An exception to this is if someone is applying for a scholarship for the whole month of the Three Yanas Retreat, then the maximum amount is $1000.
- Applicants will be asked to assess their financial need and request from a 10% – 75% reduction from the price of camping, dorm yurt or a double room in Prajna. For example, a request for a 25% scholarship on a $250 retreat fee would mean a scholarship discount of $62.50, leaving a total retreat payment of $187.50.
- You will receive an email from the Finance Department when your application is reviewed.
In the future, should your financial circumstances change we hope you will consider making a donation to this fund to benefit others.
Please email questions to our Accounts Manager, Tina, at: email@example.com