Enter the Mandala Retreat Immersion – parallel retreats that embody the heart of the Mandala and restore us to wholeness.
This exciting event at Tara Mandala on September 19-23 will weave together the following retreats on the Mandala:
• Mandala Training Level 1: Meeting the Mandala of the Five Wisdom Dakinis
With Lopön Chandra Easton
With the Mandala Retreat Immersion, you will experience your chosen retreat in its entirety. As a bonus, you will experience a sharing of retreats for one hour of Prana Flow Pranam Mandala practice with Shiva, and then one hour of guided Mandala of the Five Dakinis meditation with Lopön Chandra. This offers students an exciting opportunity to experience both teachers and to dive deep into both mandala practices through yoga, meditation, and mantra.
Mandala Training Level 1
With the Mandala of the Five Dakinis developed by Lama Tsultrim, we bring emotional transformation into alignment with the spiritual path. The mandala creates a sacred geography within the psyche, leading toward the realization of the innate perfection of the world. It is a blueprint of wholeness and has as its basic structure the center and four directions, which are represented by the five “families:” five elements, colors, seed syllables, emotions, psychological types, and most importantly five wisdoms. The mandala works with energy to express the inherent luminosity of all existence, and sacred embodiment as a path to liberation. In this retreat, you will be guided through an exploration of the enlightened feminine and the five manifestations of wisdom through meditation, sound, art, and movement. In addition, participants will learn how to do the practice the Five Dakini Mandala practice.
This experiential retreat begins with an introduction to five families followed by the transmission of Mandala of the Five Dakini Mandala practice. You will then be invited to focus on one of the five families to explore more deeply both encumbered pattern and and how to transform it in the wisdom of that particular family. In this training, you will:
• Receive the transmission of the Mandala of Five Dakinis, midwives of the wild and wise feminine
• Transform obstacles through the 5-step practice of Feeding Your Demons®
• Learn the guided Journey with the Dakini
• Integrate with the five elements through meditation (outdoors if weather permits)
• Experience yoga inspired by the mandala principle, cultivating balance through movement and embodiment
Prana Mandala Vinyasa – Embodying the Heart of the Mandala
“The Yogin unites with the Divine through a Mandala of Mudrās as the flowing dance of embodied divinity.” – Rudra Yāmala Tantra.
Embody the heart of the mandala, deepen in yoga as movement meditation, and create a collective mandala in the sacred sanctuary surrounded by the 21 Taras. Our journey will include the Fall Equinox Global Mala Movement Ritual, connecting around the world for UN International Peace Day, a mala gift and workbook. Practices will be supported by live music artists.
About Prana Mandala Vinyasa: Prana Mandala Vinyasa is a circular flow yoga based upon the healing principles of the mandala integrating prana mandala namaskar, circular sequencing, meditation, mantra, mudra, and yoga nidra (deep relaxation). Based on 25 years of teaching, this offering is an evolution from the roots of Krishnamacharya’s teachings, Bhakti and Shaiva Tantra.
About Prana Danda Yoga: Experience yoga with a five-foot staff for graceful circular movements and yoga postures to create deeper energetic alignment, stability and primal connection.
Movement Meditations Include:
• Prana Mandala Vinyasa – full-spectrum sequence to embody the five elements for inner and outer vitality, fluidity, devotion and strength for the path
• Prana Flow Pranams for the Great Mother Tara
• Yoga Mala – Therapeutic forms for transformation
• Embodied Prayer and Mantra from Buddhist and Shaiva Tantra
• Prana Danda Yoga – Yoga with a staff
• Learn and experience traditional prostrations as offering to Tara Mandala, evolution of Prana Mandala Namaskars and embodied prayers as movement meditation.
• Learn Solar/Lunar Prana Mandala Vinyasas integrating namaskar, creative flow of standing asanas, backbends, twists and forward bends made accessible to all levels
• Learn the principles of Mandala within Yoga, Tantras and cross-culturally
• Learn Prana Danda Yoga choreographed to two powerful prayers from the Tibetan Buddhist tradition: Lama Tsoknyi’s Meditation Instructions and “Shantideva’s Daily Prayer.”
• Participate in the Global Mala Ritual and Celebratory Sahaja Prana Flow – free-form Movement Meditation.
Below, read more about the teachers for these retreats.
Join us for this beautiful event as we immerse ourselves in the practice of the mandala.
~ With Blessings, Tara Mandala
About The Teachers
Dorje Lopön Chandra Easton, Buddhist teacher and translator, studied Buddhism and Tibetan language at the Library of Tibetan Works & Archives in Dharamsala, India, founded by H.H. Dalai Lama. She later received her degree from UCSB’s religious studies department at which time she co-translated Sublime Dharma, A Compilation of Two Texts on the Great Perfection, published by Vimala Publishing, 2012 … More →
Shiva Rea bows to the master teachers, elders and grandmothers from around the world from Africa to Asia who have expanded and deepened her integration of yoga and movement meditation. With a M.A. in World Arts and Cultures, Shiva is the founder of Global School of Living Yoga, Prana Vinyasa, Global Mala Project and Yogadventures, offering retreats, teacher training and online programs around the world, serving yoga for all … More →