Tara Mandala is excited to announce our Retreat Program Work Exchange for 2018.
It is our great joy to host retreatants from all over the world, who visit to receive profound teachings from many wisdom traditions, experience a harmonious community, and take in the beauty of the land. We understand that committing to a retreat is a large task. With the Retreat Program Work Exchange, we hope to make retreat a possibility for you!
The Retreat Program Work Exchange is a unique opportunity, where participants experience all the benefits of being on retreat, while providing service (karma yoga) to Tara Mandala residents, staff, teachers, and other retreatants. And at a half the cost of regular retreat fees. The program offers 50% off any retreat, in exchange for 5 hours of work per day during the retreat. See below for more detailed information about how this works. Two (2) positions are available for all normal retreats, and are on a first come basis. For Drupchen and Drupchö, four (4) positions are available. Apply here.
• Must be able to pick up 50 lbs. or less and work standing on your feet.
• Must work in the kitchen at kitchen manager’s direction.
• Must work 5 hours per day spread into two shifts to accommodate teaching sessions.
• Work up to 7 days in a row with one day off if program is longer than 7 days (most programs are 3, 5 or 7 days).
• Must be flexible with daily schedule to accommodate kitchen schedule needs, e.g., morning, lunch or evening shifts.
• Work will include prepping food, washing pots and pans, general cleaning, e.g., floors, stove, etc.
• Will arrive on registration day between 2pm and 4pm and will work after the lunch shift on the final day to help clear up the kitchen.
• Will receive 50% off retreat fees, up to shared double room in Prajna.
• Requires sign-up one month before program start date.
• Must be approved by Kitchen Manager.
• Must have been to one Tara Mandala retreat and done Karma Yogi work in the past.
• Payment is due within 10 days of the offer of a place on the program or the place will be offered to someone else .
• If a payment plan is needed this can be discussed with our finance department – 50% upfront and remainder paid 30 days before the start of the retreat.
• Full payment is required 30 days before retreat or within 7 days (if registering within 30 days).
• Cancellation within 30 days of retreat start date forfeits fees paid (i.e., no refund).
• Cancellations 31 days or more before retreat start date $100 admin fee applies.
• Lodging options – Shared room in Prajna, yurt or camping option.
• Must meet prerequisites for specific programs.
Please email registrar @ taramandala.org if you have additional questions.
We hope you are able to participate in this precious opportunity, and may all beings benefit!
The Tara Mandala Family