Space is limited, so please register early!
- Please go to http://taramandala.org/program-category/tara-mandala-colorado/ and select the retreat you want to attend. Please read the program page before you register.
- If you have a membership at TaraMandala, enter your discount code in the box provided.
- Use the “Additional Information” section for anything you want us to know that is not on the form (roommates, physical needs, etc.)
- If your preferred housing choice is sold out, please register for your second choice and put a note in the Additional Information box to be put on a waitlist.
- Your space and accommodations are reserved when the Retreat Fee is received. At that time, you will be sent a confirmation of registration, providing instructions on arrival and check-in procedures, what to bring, and other pertinent information.
- Your space and accommodations are guaranteed when the full Retreat Fee is received.
- There is a $50 fee for all returned checks.
- Please see our Retreat Cancellation Policy. (below)
Retreat Fees are per person and include the cost of the retreat, meals, practice texts (except Drubchen), and full use of the facilities from check-in on the first day of the retreat until it ends. Accommodations and meals are not available between retreats unless you are staying for consecutive retreats and authorize the additional fees. The retreat fees do not include teacher dana, unless otherwise specified. Tara Mandala Sangha Members receive a 5-25% discount.
Tax-deductible donations to the Evada Scholarship Fund are used to help people who otherwise might not be able to attend our retreats come to Tara Mandala.
If you would like to make a payment for a retreat, please contact Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dana is a Pali word meaning “generosity.” As one of the six paramitas or “perfections,” the practice of generosity is an integral part of the Buddhist path. Dharma teachings are traditionally offered on the basis of dana, so our retreat fees are in place to cover food, facilities, staffing, and other overhead costs. Below the course price, we list a suggested dana amount in an effort to give participants an idea of what a traditional offering might be for each retreat, but this is simply a suggestion and is in no way a required fee. In Tibetan Buddhism, there is a concept of tendrel or “auspicious interdependence” which gestures to the special relationship that is formed between a teacher and their students in many ways. Traditionally after a transmission or teaching, in order to create good tendrel, and to reflect appreciation for the preciousness of what they have received, offerings are made on the part of the student to the teacher. The teachers for our programs offer their time and teaching and are not paid. They are only financially compensated by what participants offer at the end of the retreat. Most teachers dedicate their lives to teaching and often have no other source of income. Many donate all of their dana to Dharma activities. There will be an opportunity to make dana contributions at the end of each retreat to the teacher or teachers with a white scarf called a khata which represents pure mind.
Changes, Cancellations, Refunds
Please understand that last minute cancellations are extremely costly for us. The staff time, food, and budget committed to each program is based upon the number of people registered. In addition, you may have contributed a portion of your program cost to the Evada Scholarship Fund. These contributions cannot be returned because others are then affected.
1. The Cancellation Fee for Group Retreats is $100.00. Refund/credit amounts are dependent on the timing of the written request:
- If we receive your written Cancellation or Change Request 31 days or more before the retreat starts, you will receive a full refund minus the $100.00 processing fee and minus any scholarship funds donated.
- No refunds/credit for Cancellations or Change Requests received 30 days or less before the retreat start date can be considered.
2. Cancellations or Change Requests must be received in writing for a refund or credit to be issued. Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Retreat Cancellation Request.” Cancellations/Change Requests cannot be accepted by phone.
3. If you have cancellation or financial questions, contact Tina: firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 731-3711, ent 106.
In the unfortunate event that TaraMandala makes substantial changes to the content of a retreat or cancels a retreat altogether, you will receive, upon your written request, a full refund or credit towards another retreat.
Thank you for planning your retreat time carefully. We look forward to having you this year!