Green Tara Retreat
With Lopön Charlotte Rotterdam
June 23 - 25, 2017
Join us to embody and practice Green Tara, the female Buddha of compassion, who provides protection from fears and obstacles. She sits with one foot in the meditative posture and one foot in the world, thus embodying active compassion and serving as a model for modern day contemplative life. In this retreat, you will learn the Green Tara practice from the Luminous
Secret Vajra Treasury, a treasure cycle of Adzom Drukpa. No previous experience of Buddhism or meditation is required to attend.
This Weekend Retreat will include:
- Friday evening June 23, 2017- 6-8pm Join us for a donation-based Public Talk on Compassion in Action
- Saturday and Sunday June 24-25, 2017 10am-5pm
- an introduction to Tara the Female Buddha of compassion and the Feminine Principle
- transmission of the Green Tara practice from Adzom Drukpa Rinpoche
- an in-depth explanation of the practice enabling each participant to use the Green Tara sadhana as a daily practice
- Culminating in a Sunday Green Tara Tsog* dedicating the merit of the retreat.