Due to the generosity of the greater Tara Mandala Sangha, we are happy to be able to offer two types of financial assistance:
- Evada scholarship
- Diversity, Inclusion & Equity scholarship
If needed, you may apply for one of the Scholarships. Read the terms carefully as outlined below. Scholarships are applicable toward retreat and for Magyu and Gateway Program fees only and are based on funds available. Scholarship awards will be deducted from the balance due. It is suggested to not register for the retreat until after you have received a determination, to avoid over-payment.
Evada Scholarship Fund
Tara Mandala is able to offer limited, partial scholarships for many retreats. The Evada Fund was established in 1996 to extend the concept of dana (generosity) to members of the sangha who find themselves in financial need and who would not otherwise be able to attend a specific retreat. Please keep in mind that our funds are limited, so requesting the minimum needed will enable more people to benefit from this fund.
Fund for Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
The Fund for Diversity, Inclusion & Equity at Tara Mandala was established in 2015 and is for people of color and/or those who are underrepresented due to their gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, social class, and ethnicity and those in need of financial support. Please keep in mind that our funds are limited, so requesting the minimum needed will enable more people to benefit from this fund.
Please read the following information carefully before applying for either scholarship.
Terms and Conditions:
- SUSTAINING SANGHA MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE WHEN RECEIVING ANY SCHOLARSHIPS.
- One scholarship application per person must be filled out and submitted.
- Applications must be received at least four weeks prior to the start of the retreat in order to be considered for allocation of funds. Applications received later than the four-week deadline will be considered only if funds are available.
- Applicants will be asked to describe their financial need for a scholarship in writing. Accommodations included for the scholarship are camping or dorm yurt.
- You will receive an email from the Finance Department after your application is reviewed.
In the future, should your financial circumstances change we hope you will consider making a donation to this fund to benefit others.
Please email questions to our Accounts Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org